I’m trying to learn for my Communications class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
1. J.L. Austin distinguished between two forms of language: constative and performative utterances. Define these two terms, making sure to distinguish between them. Finally, use the 3-I model of communication to discuss a specific example of a performative utterance.
2. Using either Robin Lakoff or Gloria Anzaldúa, respond to the following question: how are language, identity, and power enacted within a specific institution? (You may use an example of a specific institution in your answer, but you must speak about institutional structures/hierarchies.)
3. Using a specific and original example from contemporary culture, explain Adorno & Horkheimer’s analysis of the Culture Industry as a system, connecting your explanation to power relations within broader society.
4. Using a specific example from contemporary visual culture, explain how Stuart Hall positions racial, gendered, and sexual difference in his understanding of representation.
5. Briefly compare the theories of Laura Mulvey and bell hooks (from course readings). Describe an example of “the male gaze” from contemporary culture, and describe an example of an “oppositional gaze,” also from contemporary culture.
6. Describe Saussure’s theory of signification and the sign, and explain what Barthes means by “the photographic paradox.” 7. What is the ideal relationship between journalism and democracy? Why is journalism important to democracy, and how are commercialization, opinion-based journalism, and governmental interventions in journalism threats to that function? (You should include references to the history of journalism as a profession in your answer.)
Here is my lecture slides,it can help you. And this is oral question, so please use easy words.Thank you!
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Classaider.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.