PHE3025 – Research Methods in Public Health
NO Plagiarism, NO Copy / Paste, Please – Include References
*Please follow instructions – answer all questions*
*DO NOT DELETE QUESTIONS*
A logic model is a tool to assist in creating a detailed management plan and framework to address a public health issue. A logic model is the first step in evaluation. It assists researchers to determine the effectiveness of the process and outcome measures defined.
There are about 60% of the community restaurants that are not smoke-free. You have been asked to draft a logic model for a tobacco free coalition in a small community to target smoking in restaurants.
Research about the logic models. Based on your research, respond to the following: Design a logic model to address the above public health issue utilizing the following components of the model: Inputs Outputs Outcomes Assumptions External factors List and describe your examples. Explain why you feel each is an important component in your model. Describe how each component will contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness of your program.
Survey research is a common method to collect data in a research project.
Select a public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community. Based on your research, respond to the following regarding the public health issue you selected: Explain why it is important to address your selected public health issue in your community? Define the purpose statement for the public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community. Develop at least two research questions you would like to answer as a result of your research. Design a survey that could be used to measure: The dependent variable (also known as a response variable) The independent variable (typically the variable that is manipulated by the researcher) Explain or predict the dependent variable you will seek to measure based on your research questions. Explain how each question relates to the variables defined.
Qualitative Approaches Analyze and describe any two types of qualitative research methods. Recommend in which situations, qualitative research methods can be used in public health research. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of qualitative as well as quantitative research. Analyze and explain why qualitative research and mixed methodologies are given preference over quantitative methodology in most cases of public health research. Is it true that the value of the dependence of qualitative research on small samples renders it incapable of generalizing conclusions? Why? Describe the key fundamental differences between experimental and quasi-experimental designs. Provide at least one example of each experimental design that identifies the situations in which the experimental design can be used. Analyze and explain whether there are any possible ethical issues associated with each of these experimental designs in the field of public health research. If yes, what are they? If no, why?
Data Analysis Design
The CDC is proposing to train public health professionals nationally on improving Influenza A prevention strategies targeting particular high-risk groups in the state. In order to prepare for next year’s flu season, the CDC needs to identify the locations where possible mass vaccination clinics need to be set up.
You are the head of a nine-member public health committee at the state public health department. You need to present the proposed data analysis design to the public health department chair. Your proposed data analysis design should include the following:
· A proposal for the research design.
· A sample, methods, and data analysis strategy that you would use for this study.
· Specifics of your research.
· Updated estimates on the number of influenza cases and related hospitalizations and deaths in your state in the previous years.
· An analysis of data by geographical area.
· An analysis of data by demographics.
· Key flu indicators and their prevalence in your state.
· Recommendations on the locations of future clinics.
Substance Abuse Prevention Program
The Public Health Department is planning to develop an adolescent substance abuse prevention program.
Research about the stages of research synthesis. Based on your research, respond to the following:
· Using meta-analysis, apply and explain the stages of research synthesis that you would propose to address adolescent substance abuse.
· Identify the best practices that will form the basis of service delivery.
· Analyze and explain whether evidence-based practice would prove to be the best choice for this program.
· Explain which steps should be followed when using evidence-based practice for this program. Provide at least two examples of evidence-based practice that can be referred to for the program.
· Analyze and explain which of the summative evaluation methods is the most effective in accessing a research program’s outcomes or effects. Describe the pros and cons of using each method.
Did you know you can hire someone to answer this question? Yes, classaider.com is a hub of paper writers dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. It is simple as ABC.