I’m working on a Health & Medical question and need guidance to help me study.
National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL). (2010). Health leadership competency model summary. Retrieved from www.nchl.org/Documents/NavLink/Competency_Model-su…
This assessment has three distinct parts.
- Part 1: Critical Leadership Competencies for Health Care Organizations. In Part 1, based on the information from your resources, provide an overview of the leadership competencies required to lead health care organizations into the future.
- Part 2: Personal Leadership Gap Analysis. In Part 2, compare the competencies most needed by your organization (from your work in Assessment 1) to the skills you already possess (using the results from your STAR analysis).
- Part 3: Individual Leadership Development Plan (ILDP). In Part 3, use the information from your resources, to put together a cohesive individual leadership development plan (ILDP).
Before you create and submit your assessment, complete the following:
- Read Health Leadership Competency Model Summary, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading.
- Consider the needs of your health care organization Organizational Scorecard. Consider how you add value to the organization by contributing to the achievement of the internal benchmarks within your department and specific to your position of employment.
- Conduct a candid self-assessment of your health care leadership competencies, using the Star Format Competency Table linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading. Once you have a clear picture of your strengths and weaknesses, you will construct an individual leadership development plan to focus upon development of critical success competencies that can help you take your organization into the future. To complete the STAR Format Competency Table, follow these directions:
- In the left-hand column, rate your overall performance of this competency in the “ILDP =” field, using a 1 (novice) to 9 (expert) scale.
- In the middle columns, provide a specific behavioral example of how you have practiced each competency in a previous work, volunteer or other capacity. You will provide one sentence on the “Situation,” the “Task” you were charged to perform, the “Action” you took, and the “Result” (S–T–A– R).
- In the far right-hand column, rate the outcome or result of the specific example by using a 1 (least desirable) to 5 (optimal outcome) scale.
- Search for professional, scholarly journal articles on the leadership skills and competencies needed in health care organizations today and into the future. You will need a minimum of five resources to use as support for your assessment.
Read the requirements for each part carefully.
Part 1: Critical Leadership Competencies for Health Care Organizations
Based on the resources you located, identify the top five leadership competencies needed within health care administration in order to ensure the success of health care organizations today and in the future.
Explain why each competency is critical to organizational success.
Part 2: Personal Leadership Gap Analysis
Following completion of the STAR assessment, consider your strengths versus those areas which require additional development. Provide a gap analysis that compares industry needs (as identified in Part 1), the needs of your organization (from your organization’s strategic direction), and the results of your STAR assessment.
In a brief narrative, explain any discrepancies between industry needs and organizational needs. Explain how your areas of strength can offer you additional opportunities for career advancement.
Part 3: Individual Leadership Development Plan (ILDP)
Using the information and resources from Assessment 1 and Parts 1 and 2 from this assessment, construct a cohesive individual leadership development plan in which you complete the following:
- Identify at least three specific areas of weakness you need to focus on in order to meet industry and organizational needs.
- Explain the action steps you need to take to increase your competency in those areas. Be sure your action steps are specific, include a timeline, and align with the overall goal of meeting industry and organizational needs.
- Create specific performance indicators and measures for each action step to clearly illustrate how you will know that you are making progress on your plan.
If it helps you organize your thoughts, you may use a table format for your ILDP. Just be sure you provide enough detail in each section, relative to the expectations laid out in the scoring guide. You are not required to use a table format; if you prefer, you may simply write this section as a narrative.
- Structure: Include a title page, table of contents, and reference page.
- Length: 8–12 pages.
- References: Cite at least five current scholarly or professional resources.
- Format: Use APA style for references and citations.
- Font: Times New Roman font, 12 point, double-spaced for narrative portions only.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Classaider.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.