1. What is the advantage of cross cultural communication (CCC) for business?
2. According to the author, what are some of the measures to overcome the barriers to cross cultural communication?
3. What does the author mean by ‘low context’ and ‘high context’ cultures? Is Australia low or high context?
4. What does the author mean by ‘Stereotyping is an extension of ethnocentrism’? (p23)
5. The author argues that ‘Focus should be placed on using individual differences’. Why do you think this approach might be more effective than ‘promoting cultural adaptation’?
6. How does the author define ‘culture’ and explain why is it difficult to separate from his/her professional career (p20)
7. Compare and contrast the communication styles of your home country and Australia. How do they differ? Are there similarities
8. Explain what is means by “..no individual member of a group embodies all of his or her group’s characteristics”?
9. Give examples of how Australians stereotype people from your country, and how people from your country stereotype Australians. Do you think these stereotypes are accurate?
10. Give an example of how cultural difference might lead to misunderstanding. How could this have a negative effect on business?
Did you know you can hire someone to answer this question? Yes, classaider.com is a hub of paper writers dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. It is simple as ABC.