1. Georgia was initially founded as a haven for
A. English debtors.
B. enslaved Africans.
D. French traders.
2. A royal colony is owned by the King/Queen, while a proprietary colony is owned by ________________.
A. Wealthy investors and businessmen
B. The original founders
C. A totalitarian leader
D. All individuals living in the colony
3. Who wanted to make one of England’s Southern Colonies into a haven for English debtors?
A. Nathaniel Bacon
B. King Charles I
C. James Oglethorpe
D. Lord Baltimore
1. Which statement comparing the Middle Ages to the Renaissance is false?
A. The church had more power in the Middle Ages than it did during the Renaissance
B. Knowledge allowed the government to become more powerful in the Renaissance
C. The arts and sciences flourished during both time periods.
D. Learning was encouraged during the Renaissance and discouraged during the Middle Ages
2. The earlier years of the Middle Ages began with
A. the search for new trade routes.
B. the Crusades.
C. the collapse of the Roman Empire.
D. the Renaissance.
3. The plantation economy in the South produced
A. great profits and developed great educational institutions.
B. great profits at the expense of cultural development and equal opportunity.
C. low profits despite the enslavement of a great number of people.
D. equal opportunity for all whites and no illiteracy.
1. Which document limited the monarch’s right to tax and guaranteed due process?
A. English Bill of Rights
B. Declaration of Independence
C. Bill of Rights
D. Magna Carta
2. Which economy feature was shared by the New England and the Middle colonies?
Use the table and your knowledge of social studies to answer the following questions.
View Full Image
3. Which of the following distinguished the Middle Colonies from New England and the Southern Colonies?
A. ethnic and religious diversity
B. peace treaties with Native Americans
C. representative government
D. prohibition of slavery
1. Which of the following resulted from King Philip’s War?
A. The Indians lost most of their land in southern New England.
B. The Puritans nearly eliminated the Pequots.
C. The colonists gave land back to the Indians.
D. The English established praying towns for the Indians.
2. What did leaders of Rhode Island believe would happen to religion if church and state were connected?
A. Religion would become corrupted.
B. Religion would grow at an alarming rate.
C. Religion would become more powerful than government.
D. Religion would become state-funded.
3. The Glorious Revolution was a
A. coup in England during which King William was overthrown.
B. coup in England during which King James II was overthrown.
C. rebellion in the colonies which led to colonial self-rule.
D. rebellion in the colonies which led to the Navigation Acts.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Classaider.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.